Katalox Light Media
Katalox Light is a revolutionary filtration media for removing iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide (sulfur) and many other contaminants. It's composition simply makes it superior to other filter medias available like sand, Birm, Greensand Plus, Pyrolox, and Manganese Greensand. It's is engineered with a unique MnO2 coating technique on ZEOSORB®, providing it light weight, higher filtration surface, more service life, and more reliable performance, with filtration down to 3 microns, than any other existing granular filter media. The weight reduces backwash water consumption to half of current conventional filter medias.
- Appearance: Granular black beads
- Bulk Density: 66 lbs/cu. ft.
- Feed water pH: 5.8 - 10.5.
- Freeboard: 25-35% of bed depth
- Backwash rate: 8-10 gpm/sq. ft.
- Service flow rate: 6-12 gpm/sq. ft.