Genesis Upflow Tannin Filtration System 64,000 Grains
About the product
Still unsure if this system is right for you? Click here
Genesis Upflow 64,000 Grain Tannin Filtration System with Ecomix®-C
Our Exclusive Genesis Upflow 64,000 Grain Tannin Filtration System is premiere multi media system that utilizes Ecomix®-C media that sets the new standard for high performance while filtering all of the water in your home. Ecomix®-C is an advanced adsorption and ion-exchange media designed specifically for the concurrent treatment of high levels of hardness, iron, manganese, and tannins/organics. All while saving you up to 75% on salt and 64% less water.
- Family of 4 will save 9,720 lbs of salt and 32,400 gallons of water versus downflow water softeners
- Genesis Upflow On Demand High Flow control valve with electronic sensors, adjustable cycles, and proven seal and spacer design
- Complete Tannin Removal using Ecomix®-C for complete tannin removal in one tank to optimize performance
- Direct Flow design allows for higher flow rates for larger homes designed today
- Reverse Flow Regeneration preserves unused softening bed from unnecessary exchange saving salt
- Upflow Brining calculates the precise amount of salt brine required to regenerate saving up to 30% more salt
- Automatic Backwash Variable Preset for clean municipal water by matching backwash frequency to water quality need
- Soft Water Brine Tank Refill keeps the brine tank and injectors cleaner
- Automatic System Refresh flushes stagnant water after 7 days of non-use, preventing bacterial growth
- Soft Water Recharge Mode ensures soft water during usually heavy water usage
- 7-Year Control Head/Valve Warranty and Lifetime on Resin Tank and Brine Tank
- Over 1 Million Tanks Sold with Zero Returns
With the most advanced features and a simple design for easy programming and installation, the Genesis Upflow TanninFiltration system is a "set and forget" system! No need to ever worry about reprogramming or resetting the time. Adding to that is a "No Touch" information display that rotates key information, flow rates, the last regeneration date and volume remaining until next regeneration. It also has a non-volatile memory standard that will never allow your system settings to ever be lost. You can custom set cycle settings for the most efficient salt settings saving you time and money. All this while still saving you up to 75% on salt usage and 64% on water over other on demand systems.
Ecomix®-C removes dissolved (ferrous), oxidized (ferric), organic, and colloidal forms of iron as well as manganese through a combination of adsorption, oxidation, active layer formation and autocatalytic oxidation. The maximum recommended supply water iron level is 10 ppm (mg/l) and manganese should not exceed 3 ppm (mg/l).
Ecomix®-C removes natural organic matter and tannins primarily through adsorption and anion exchange. The maximum concentration of natural organic matter (total organic carbon) is 15 ppm (mg/l) of which 5 ppm (mg/l) can be tannins.
Water softening is accomplished by cation exchange in exactly the same manner as a traditional water softener. The minerals responsible for hardness, including calcium and magnesium, are attracted to the surface of the resin media. When the capacity of the resin is used up, the system regenerates using salt. The sodium ions in the salt brine solution replace the calcium and magnesium ions on the resin and they are washed down the drain, thereby restoring the full capacity of the resin. The regeneration process is completely automated and all Genesis Tannin Upflow systems are optimally designed and pre-programmed to ensure that you can achieve peak performance and salt efficiency. Ecomix®-C will consume only about 6.3 lbs of salt per cubic foot of media in each regeneration. Ecomix®-C has a softening capacity of about 13,000 grain per cubic foot. Sizing is generally based on softening capacity required irrespective of the iron, manganese, tannin, and organics level.
Genesis Upflow Tannin Filtration System Includes:
- Genesis Upflow On Demand Metered Control
- 2 Cu. Ft. Ecomix®-C Resin
- 3/4" and 1" unique bypass with integrated turbine meter.
- 12x52 Resin tank with lifetime warranty
- Large 18x33 brine tank holds over 300lbs of salt. Lifetime warranty
- Salt Grid prevents salt bridging
- Safety Overflow float assembly
Genesis Upflow vs Traditional Downflow 64K
|Number of Bathrooms||1|
|Regeneration Type||Meter Initiated|
|Required Backwash Rate||3.5 GPM|
|Service Flow Rate||18 GPM @ 15 psi drop|
|Internal Port Size||3/4" Upflow|
|Media Tank Size||12x52|
|Overall Dimensions (Width x Dimension x Height)||30x18x60|
|Electrical Power Requirements||120v/60hz|
|Warranty||7 Years Control/ Lifetime Tanks|
|Ships with media in tank for easy installation||No|
Why Discount Water Softeners
There are a lot of places to buy water softeners but, no one knows water softeners better than Discount Water Softeners. With more than 25 years in commercial and residential water treatment all over the United States, we offer extensively trained and certified personnel to assist you before and after your purchase. We are water treatment experts.CUSTOMER SERVICE