Fleck 5000 Backwashing Birm Filter 1 Cubic Foot
About the product
Pentair Discontinued the Fleck 7000 and 5000 Valves on Sep 30, 2016.
This is our top-rated replacement and recommendation.Fleck 5000 Backwashing Birm Filter Discontinued - Genesis Backwashing Birm Filter 1 Cubic Foot
The Fleck 5000 Backwashing Birm Filter system for Removing Iron and Manganese
- Birm removes iron and manganese that water softeners can't
- Dissolved iron above 3ppm will cause problems in a water softener
- Iron levels above 5ppm will foul a water softener
- Birm can remove up to 11,000ppm per cubic foot between backwashes without messy chemicals or salt
This product is currently unavailableOut of stock
Birm Iron and Manganese Filter System
Birm® is an efficient and economical media for the reduction of dissolved iron and manganese compounds from raw water supplies. Birm acts as an insoluble catalyst to enhance the reaction between dissolved oxygen and the iron compounds. In ground waters the dissolved iron is usually in the ferrous bicarbonate state due to the excess of free carbon dioxide and is not filterable. Birm, acting as a catalyst between the oxygen and the soluble iron compounds, enhances the oxidation reaction of Fe++ to Fe+++ and produces ferric hydroxide which precipitates and may be easily filtered. The physical characteristics of Birm provide an excellent filter media which is easily cleaned by backwashing to remove the precipitant. Birm is not consumed in the iron removal operation and therefore offers a tremendous economic advantage over many other iron removal methods. Micronizer may be needed for iron levels above 5ppm. Not for use with water containing hydrogen sulfide.
Birm Filter System Includes:
- Fleck 5000 timered backwash control valve
- 1 cubic foot of iron removing birm
- 3/4 inch or 1 inch bypass connections
- 3 colors to choose from blue, natural or black.
- Only requires periodic backwash
- 9x48 media tank.
- Service flow rate is 4 GPM
- Service Flow Rate: 4 GPM @ 15 psi drop
- Required Backwash Rate: 5 GPM
- Regeneration Type: Timer Initiated
- Electrical Power Requirements: 120v/60hz.
- Warranty: Control 5 Years/ Tanks 10 Years
- Required backwash rate is 5 GPM
- Compact overall system dimensions: 10x14x56
|Number of Bathrooms||2|
|Required Backwash Rate||No|
|Service Flow Rate||4 GPM|
|Internal Port Size||3/4"|
|Media Tank Size||9x48|
|Overall Dimensions (Width x Dimension x Height)||10x14x56|
|Electrical Power Requirements||No|
|Warranty||5 Years Control/ 10 Years Tanks|
|Ships with media in tank for easy installation||Yes|
Why Discount Water Softeners
There are a lot of places to buy water softeners but, no one knows water softeners better than Discount Water Softeners. With more than 25 years in commercial and residential water treatment all over the United States, we offer extensively trained and certified personnel to assist you before and after your purchase. We are water treatment experts.CUSTOMER SERVICE