Genesis Backwashing Katalox Filter System
Removes high levels of Iron, Manganese, Hydrogen Sulfide
Katalox is a new brand of revolutionary advanced filtration media completely developed in Germany. It's composition simply makes it outstanding against the contemporary filter media currently available in the water treatment industry. Katalox far exceeds the performance of Birm, Greensand Plus, Manganese Greensand etc. Katalox is manufactured in Germany. Katalox iis engineered with unique MnO coating technique on ZEOSORB®, providing it light weight, higher filtration surface, more service life and more reliable performance (filtration down to 3micron) than any other existing granular filter media.Katalox can be used in numerous system for residential, commercial, industrial and municipal applications worldwide, for High level filtration, color and odor removal, Iron, Manganese, Hydrogen sulfide removal, efficient reduction, Zinc, or Copper. Katalox is ANSI/NSF 61 Certified for drinking water applications and has met the ANSI/NSF 372 Lead free compliance.High concentration coating of MnO2 on the Katalox surface (10%) is the biggest advantage compared to any similar product available in the market. This makes the oxidation and co-precipitation of contaminants much more effective. For removal of very high (over 7ppm) concentration or when organics are present Katalox media requires the use sodium hypochlorite (bleach) as an oxidizer and killing agent, which provides accelerated catalytic oxidation on the surface of the media. A solution tank and conversion kit can be purchased separately. Media life averages 8-10 years before replacement is needed.
Genesis Katalox System Includes:
- Genesis High Flow backwash control valve
- 2 cubic foot of Katalox Media
- 3/4 inch and 1 inch bypass connections
- Only requires periodic backwash
- 12x52 media tank.
- Service flow rate is 10 GPM
- Service Flow Rate: 10 GPM @ 15 psi drop
- Required Backwash Rate: 10 GPM
- Regeneration Type: Timer Initiated
- Electrical Power Requirements: 120v/60hz.
- Warranty: Control 7 Years/ Tanks Lifetime Years
- Required backwash rate is 10 GPM
- Compact overall system dimensions: 12x14x60